[Week 5] Media library and midterm results
I had previously written a blog post about the media module for Drupal 8 on which I was working on with Janez Urevc (slashrsm) and Tadej Baša (paranojik) under Google Summer Of Code 2016.
This week we finished the media library for the module and pushed it to the main repository. I had given a brief introduction about media library in my last week’s post. As promised, here is a demo video of the media module:
So the media library currently uses masonry for displaying the media items. There are few things which we still have to fix, but a basic module is ready to be used. You can find the stable code for the module here.
This week was the midterm review week and everyone is done with at least half of their project. Here is an overall analysis for media module.
1) Investigating Lightening distribution and understanding they way they solve the problem.
2) Adding image type media items.
3) Adding video type media items.
4) Adding slideshow type media items.
5) Views for the global and user specific media library. An entity browser used for selecting media.
To be done:
1) Fixing issues with the media library.
2) Create a new formatter for the media gallery with an integrated slideshow library.
3) Embedding media using WYSIWYG.
4) Improving tests.
5) Creating help content for the module.
6) Create a demo module providing demo content and a tour of the module functionality.
I’ll keep on posting more updates on this blog. And I would again like to thank slashrsm and paranojik and their continuous support and help throughout the project.